Graphic Design Intern
The graphic design interns at Inner Spark will have numerous opportunities to work with real clients on real projects. From consulting on creative strategies to developing graphic content, this internship is a great way to see what a career in an agency environment would feel like. Graphic design interns will work directly under the mentorship of Dayton Cook, Inner Spark’s art director.
Dayton is a graduate of Auburn University with over 15 years of professional experience in graphic design, branding, illustration and publication design in the Auburn area and beyond. His creative projects have included websites, book series, posters, magazines, greeting cards and interactive art. He oversees the conception and production of the visual aspects of our clients’ projects.
- Strong Sense of Typography
- Proficiency in design applications (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience in Muse considered an asset, but not required
- Illustration skill considered an asset, but not required
- Basic HTML considered an asset, but not required
- Ice sculpting abilities considered an asset, but not required
Responsibilities for Graphic Design Interns
- Consult alongside partners with clients on creative direction
- Develop graphic content for social media clients
- Collaborate with creative and art directors in brainstorming of concepts for printed collateral
- Collaborate with creative and art directors in branding projects
- Create graphics for articles on the Inner Spark blog
- Contribute brief blog posts to the Inner Spark blog describing their learning experiences
Hours / Class Credit
Our internships at Inner Spark are unpaid, and they can be used as course credit for the Auburn University School of Communication and Journalism and the Department of Design if needed. We hire interns for the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
Each intern must work 20 hours a week for the 15-week semester. We know that college students are busy, so we work with students to create a schedule that works best for them. If a conflict arises, we are flexible with moving hours around to fit your needs.
Graphic Design internship application:
Completed applications may be submitted by email to or mailed to 1735 E University Dr #104, Auburn, AL 36830.