Public Relations Intern
The public relations interns at Inner Spark will have numerous opportunities to work with real clients on real projects. From curating content, to updating social media calendars, to writing blog posts, this internship is a great way to see what a career in an agency environment would feel like. Public relations interns will work directly under the mentorship of Jarrett Moore, Inner Spark’s creative director.
Jarrett is the recipient of a National Silver ADDY Award for graphic design from the American Advertising Federation. He is responsible for sculpting creative solutions and developing integrated strategies for clients. His background includes over 10 years of professional experience specializing in graphic design, publication design, branding, and social media marketing and management.
Desired Skills / Requirement
- Proficiency in writing for web/social media
- Organizational skills, maintaining version logs and records of progress
- Knowledge of current and past trends of social media marketing
- Ability to brainstorm with a team to develop unconventional solutions
- Proficiency in design applications (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) considered an asset, but not required
- Basic HTML skills considered an asset, but not required
- Pastry cooking abilities considered an asset, but not required
Responsibilities for Public Relations Interns
- Curating and programing social media content for clients
- Aid in the brainstorming of promotions and concepts for campaigns
- Writing blog posts for multiple industries
- Writing web copy for Inner Spark and/or their clients
- Basic SEO practices
- Attend and participate in client meetings
- Collaborate with creative director in strategy formation for social media clients
- Assist with marketing proposal creation
- Researching client industries
Hours / Class Credit
Our internships at Inner Spark are unpaid, and they can be used as course credit for the Auburn University School of Communication and Journalism and the Department of Design if needed. We hire interns for the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
Each intern must work 20 hours a week for the 15-week semester. We know that college students are busy, so we work with students to create a schedule that works best for them. If a conflict arises, we are flexible with moving hours around to fit your needs.
Communications/PR internship application:
Completed applications may be submitted by email to or mailed to 1735 E University Dr #104, Auburn, AL 36830.