The marketing interns at Inner Spark will have numerous opportunities to work with real clients on real projects. From strategizing on marketing and social media proposals, to updating social media content, to brainstorming and writing web copy, this internship is a great way to see what a career in an agency environment would feel like. Marketing interns will work directly under the mentorship of Jarrett Moore, Inner Spark’s creative director.
Jarrett is the recipient of a National Silver ADDY Award for graphic design from the American Advertising Federation. He is responsible for sculpting creative solutions and developing integrated strategies for clients. His background includes over 10 years of professional experience specializing in graphic design, publication design, branding, and social media marketing and management.
- Organizational skills, maintaining version logs and records of progress
- Ability to brainstorm with a team to develop unconventional solutions
- Confidence in conducting and reporting market research
- Proficiency in writing for web/social media
- Knowledge of current trends in marketing
- Proficiency in design applications (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) considered an asset, but not required
- Interest in or knowledge of Search Engine Optimization techniques
- Basic HTML skills considered an asset, but not required
- Nun-chuck skills considered an asset, but not required
Responsibilities for Marketing Interns
- Assembling situation analysis research for varying industries/demographics
- Aid in the brainstorming of promotions and concepts for campaigns
- Curating and programing social media content for clients
- Writing blog posts for multiple industries
- Writing web copy
- Basic SEO practices
- Attend and participate in client meetings
- Collaborate with creative director in strategy formation for social media clients
- Assist with marketing proposal creation
- Researching client industries
Hours / Class Credit
Our internships at Inner Spark are unpaid, and they can be used as course credit for the Auburn University School of Communication and Journalism and the Department of Design if needed. We hire interns for the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
Each intern must work 20 hours a week for the 15-week semester. We know that college students are busy, so we work with students to create a schedule that works best for them. If a conflict arises, we are flexible with moving hours around to fit your needs.
Marketing internship application:
Completed applications may be submitted by email to or mailed to 1735 E University Dr #104, Auburn, AL 36830.