The marketing interns at Inner Spark will have numerous opportunities to work with real clients on real projects. From strategizing on marketing and social media proposals to updating social media content to brainstorming and writing web copy, this internship is a great way to see what a career in an agency environment would feel like.
- Desired Skills / Requirements
- Organizational skills, maintaining version logs and records of progress
- Ability to brainstorm with a team to develop unconventional solutions
- Confidence in conducting and reporting market research
- Proficiency in writing for web/social media
- Knowledge of current trends in marketing
- Proficiency in design applications (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is considered an asset, but not required
- Interest in or knowledge of Search Engine Optimization techniques
- Basic HTML skills are considered an asset, but not required
- Assembling situation analysis research for varying industries/demographics
- Aid in the brainstorming of promotions and concepts for campaigns
- Curating and programming social media content for clients
- Writing blog posts for multiple industries
- Writing web copy
- Basic SEO practices
- Attend and participate in client meetings
- Collaborate with creative director in strategy formation for social media clients
- Assist with marketing proposal creation
- Researching client industries
- Hours / Class Credit
Our internships at Inner Spark are unpaid, and they can be used as course credit for the Auburn University School of Communication and Journalism and the Department of Design if needed. We hire interns for the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
Each intern must work 20 hours a week for the 15-week semester. We know that college students are busy, so we work with students to create a schedule that works best for them. If a conflict arises, we are flexible with moving hours around to fit your needs.
Join our team for a fun, hands-on opportunity to open doors for your future.